About Me:

About Me: I've been knitting since I got bored one summer in college and made a raglan sleeved rag-wool sweater that still almost fits. My favorite things to knit are Scandanavian colorwork and lace. I don't like to knit socks or sleeves. Some years ago, I completed the Level 1 Master Course with The Knitting Guild of America. That's as far as I got, but I did learn a lot and I recommend it highly.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Customer Service


Beacon Hen Eggs (Pack of 6) 162g Usually we complain about customer service, but here is an example of some GOOD service!  This is a picture of candy Easter eggs. They are the size of a hen's egg, with a hard white candy shell.  You can decorate them with little food color paints.  Come time to eat the things, you have to really SMASH them open, the candy shell was so hard.  Inside the egg is lined with sweet chocolate, and the shell is a semi-sweet crisp candy.  I first discovered them about 15 years ago in the sale section of the local Albertson's.  I thought at the time they were so cool and unusual that I went back to buy more, but they were gone.  Go forward a number of years (not fast forward, it didn't go that fast), and thanks to the internet I was once up late following my random thoughts.  Hmm, I thought, it's October, better start looking for those candy Easter eggs you had that one time.  And there they were, a shop called the International Food Shop, but out of stock.  I was so obsessed and sleep deprived, I emailed the company to ask what the deal was.  They wrote back, apparently it was some kind of customs and labeling issue that was preventing them from being imported.  Oh, well, I replied, I sure want some.  Let me know if they ever become available.  That was 5 years ago. . . . here is the mail message I just got from them!


 



Dear Valued Customer,
 
I wanted to let you know we have managed to get the White Eggs for Easter.
  Our stock is limited, so please place your order asap to avoid dissapointment.
 
Pretty nifty, huh!  The only hitch is that one pack is only $7.99 but the shipping is $15.   But I am so excited to have them arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment